Tuesday 10 May 2016

USARF Conversions Part 3 - Girl Grunts


In this third article about USARF conversion I'll talk about female Grunts. Reason for making these was that I wanted five female Grunts to make girl power Link Team but all in different poses.

Part 1 - Marauders
Part 2 - Foxtrots
Part 3 - Girl Grunts
Part 4 - Grunts with Heavy Flamers

Girl Grunts

These twos gals are Sniper and Paramedic (she can also be any generic Grunt with a Rifle). I liked how on the Grunts from SWC Boxset they have an extra pocket (or pouch) on the back, which the Grunts from Starter Set do not have. I thought it would make a great item for painting Red Cross on it to make it stand out as a Paramedic.

Bits used:
- Ariadna Sniper Rifle

Everything else in this conversion is a straight arm swap. As you can see on the photos below, the Grunt on the right has arms and weapon from the Grunt on the left. The arm with the gun fit easy and didn't need any greenstuff later. The other arm with the ammo clip I wanted to be close to the gun so there was a gap to fill afterwards like with most of these USARF conversions.


The Sniper Girl was bit more tricky. The arms are from the Grunt on the right, originally she was holding Rifle with Light Grenade Launcher. First I changed the Rifle for the old Ariadna Sniper. I thought I could see the whole rifle stock but I had to cut most of it off to make it fit, the Grunt's breasts were in the way. After that, first time I glued the arms on, I made the Sniper to be on the side, facing forward from the hip and the other arm was also on her hip. Then I realized I could put the second arm onto to the scope.


It did require lots of greenstuff afterwards. The arms were glued on just by sides so lots of shoulder space to fill and then I also greenstuffed top of the stock so it was visible. Heads were kept the same for both, no swaps there.

No comments:

Post a Comment